You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, November 28, 2014

Rogue Planet: Heavy machinegunner


Still proceeding slowly, but here's the next of the Rogue Planet figures. The heavy machine gun came out looking a little more steam-punkish than I'd like, but it should still blend in once this figure joins the general population (still needs to be varnished.) The gun was made from cuts of varying sizes of green stuff cylinders as well as pieces of brass rod. The rods look bare in the photo, but they're actually painted; maybe I should consider a different color.

All the conversion work on this figure -- quilted manica, shoulder armor, loin cloth -- were made from green stuff. The rocks on the base were made using some broken up cork.

I have a few more Rogue Planet figure conversions to paint up. They're not difficult to paint, I'm just going slow as real work sucks away my life force (I had to work on Thanksgiving even -- but at least I got out a little early and used that time to paint the bulk of this machine gunner.)

Other stuff

I painted these up a year and a few days ago. Do I want to paint more?
I've been wanting to play some serious Zombicide lately; I'll probably have to go solo for now, but in the mean time, I have the last four figures of my entire collection on the table getting painted. Just a couple survivors and a couple zombivors getting painted up as regular zombies. (Actually, I think they're all zombivors.) I look forward to having the entire collection finally painted up. Only took a little over a year.

Speaking of which, it's been almost exactly one year since I tried a little experiment with some gray paints and a few walkers. I've been thinking about buying another box of walkers just so I can paint'em up all monochrome :)

42mm

I also put down the first payment for a new samurai. Sculpting will start in a few days. I look forward to seeing a finished figure (and painting some more samurai) in a few weeks.

Space Hulk

The Space Hulk stuff is put away for now. I wanted to pick up a copy before it left again for a few years. It will eventually get painted (and played!) I think I will stick with the classic blue/purple skin for the genestealers. I'll be painting the terminators up as Flesh Tearers; I also picked up a squad of Deathwing Death Angels.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a horrible figure but a really great painting job! Respect!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete