You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Well I'm all broken up about that zombie's rights."


I wasn't in the mood to start painting the qwik team yet, so I started in on my newly arrived Zombicide survivors. I love that the designers sculpted the Kickstarter bonus survivors after our favorite movie characters. I know this survivor has another name (for legal reasons, surley) but I'm going to right out call him Dirty Harry.

After painting other items with so many wrinkles, it's difficult to switch gears and paint a simple suit without overdoing the folds. This is my only suited survivor, so the others should be a little easier to paint in my style.

Now, I'm not sure who I'll prefer to take into a game: Joshua in his lovely tropical shirt and shotgun, or Dirty Harry here, with his .357 and bad attitude.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, that's the awesomest thing ever! If I had that mini all my subsequent PC's, regardless of genre, campaign, miniature scale, or system, would be that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent stuff. I was back in the stadium before I even read a word of it ! Loving the Machinas stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Harry and his infamous Zed-Stopper! Gotta love his slow and easy big-bang style. Beautiful rendition of Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice paint job! But that's a .44 magnum surely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! You are correct.
      And don't call me Shirley :)

      Delete