You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Machinas: Runnin' Gunners wip


Just a quick pic of my Runnin' Gunners faction. The main color of the faction will indeed by all rust. But I will add a little bit of random color here and there via replaced fenders or body panels. And to change things up, I will also be adding (in white) some (American) Indian horse markings. Coup marks, horse raid marks, society marks, lightning patterns, etc.

For the rust here, I used the technique I described in my video last week. This time around, I used a much larger brush (though, still with a lot of fine bristles.) I also went in with a smaller brush and added some bare/scratched metal.

Once this batch is done, I'll post a small gallery of all my Machinas factions -- Slade's Silvers, Seven Hills Circus, Vestal Mechanics, The Black Tops (use to be the Big'uns) and these Runnin' Gunners.

3 comments:

  1. American Indian motifs will look really good. Excellent choice really looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, cant wait to see them finished

    ReplyDelete