You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, June 22, 2012

Looking at Kobblestone's Bookshelf buildings

Copyright Kobblestone Miniatures
Now this isn't a bad idea. Nor is it original; train hobbyists have been doing it for years. But Kobblestone has certainly given these buildings enough character to take notice. I saw the dimensions, and these are still 4-inches deep, which I think is big enough to put out onto the table (though I believe there is no sculpting on the backs of these buildings.)

I'll put this is my list of ideas if what to do next. I won't be purchasing any of these- I'll try building and painting my own. I think I have enough terrain building experience. And a false front should be a little easier than making the whole building (a whole hell of a lot less measuring; that's for sure.) Still, if you don't have building experience, and if you don't mind spending a few extra dollars for something special, I recommend Kobblestone (not just for the bookshelf buildings, but all their stuff- I love their Spanish Mission church.)

OK, I'm done here; now, let's all of us go and visit Kobblestone's site.

(Nope, this is not a paid promo. I just think Kobblestone's stuff is neat.)

3 comments:

  1. Such buildings are great for adding building scenery to a game without having them front and center. the unfinished backs are really not an issue if you either butt them up against other buildings or use them on the edge of the play areas.

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic!
    Very atmospheric.
    Only two gripes from my part, one; they are quite expensive for war-gaming purposes, and two; they are in the good 'ol USA, and I'm a poor limey!

    Great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed pricey. But I'd pay the price for them as nice centerpieces/backdrops for displaying on the shelf behind my miniatures,and only because I'd need just one or two.

      And I've heard about the big shipping costs from the U.S. Condolences!

      Delete