You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, May 27, 2012

Apocalator: Heavy fighter


Here's another fighter all painted up. This might be one of my favorites, though, I'm not quite sure what the special appeal is about this gladiator.

I like the large shield with a big boss bolted on. I like the worn, peeling blue color on the shield complimented with the yellow cloth of his loincloth and havelock. I like the combo of rubber shinguard and patch of chainmail protecting his leg. The skin tone turned out nice (Foundry's Bay Brown, again - and it looks much better in person than in this pic). This guy, I think, looks like he belongs in the arenas of the post-apoc future. Ok, for all those reasons, I prefer this figure over the others.

Just a couple more figures to go, then I'll probably go back to playing a bunch of Red Sand Black Moon/Brown Sky.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you what the special appeal is..

    he's fricken awesome :)

    design, pose, colour choices, yep, he's good :)

    ReplyDelete