You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, May 24, 2012

54mm Post Apoc: Working on next batch of apocalators


Here's a quick in-progress pic of my next batch of apocalators (Post Apocalypse gladiators). I enjoy just throwing a piece of green stuff onto a body part and start sculpting to see what comes out. I've got a good mix of leather, metal and tire tread (protecting the stomach on the figure with raised arm) armor with this batch of figures.

The only armor I had planned ahead of time was the arm armor and extra large galeruses (shoulder armor) on the two figures at left. This is the only armor they will both have, AND they will both be butt naked. So all I have left to do for them is add hair and give them short blades extending from their gauntlets.
And I do like those exaggerated galeruses, especially hers. Her's reminds me of classic Georgia O'Keefe styling -- flowery and reminiscent of female genitalia.

The figure to the far right will be another "matron" character for playing Red Sand Black Moon (she will be used to help to keep track of whose turn it is.) I got the figure without the faintest idea of what I would do with her. I had that WWII German radio tied to that poll in the bits box, and it fit nicely into one of her hands, so I went with it. I'm not going to use that bucket, though (it was going to be full of blood.) It's hard to see in this pic, but she has a bandana across her mouth. I will also give her welder-type goggles. She won't be wearing anything else.

I'm on vacation, so I'm taking this project a little slower. Even still, I think I'll be able to start painting these this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see your process. It will be interesting to see how they progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see if bikini-waxing survives the apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete