You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Apocalators: Sextius and Legarius



Holy shit, I finished a couple figures finally. These are my first official "Apocalators;" figures specifically converted for post-apoc combat. Legarius is at the top and Sextius beneath. Not much to say about them. The Stop sign turned out better than I thought it would, but the Children at play sign still feels a bit rough. Maybe a bit more weathering will cover up the roughness.

After seeing these finished, I'm thinking I should have taken the head off Sextius. I sculpted the helmet around the figure's head, but I could have sculpted the helmet around a simple armature and saved the sculpted head for potential conversion work. A casualty of sculpting/converting without a plan. Oh well, live and learn. I still got two nice figures out of it all.

2 comments:

  1. They are so good!!
    I like that road sign you use for scutum, but the crest I would rather made it straight so that way it would look like a broom, you know, to make the recycling spirit in this minis greater ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a true master, I take my hat off to you sir.

    ReplyDelete