You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Apocalators: Heat in the Wasteland


Here's the last of my Apocalators for a long while. I'll probably use him as an enforcer in the arena, making sure the other combatants don't stand around catching their breath for too long.

I chose green skin, as I mentioned before, as a little homage to the green screamers from the short story "A Boy and His Dog." The screamers were irradiated mutants who could burn you with just a touch. Hence, my screamer can also burn you.

The shield is a Tamiya 1/32 scale figure base with the wheel from a 1/35 scale kettenkrad (seen as post-apoc terrain elsewhere in this blog.) The flame thrower is a cut-down WWII machine gun ( I forget what kind), with a German WWII gas mask container as the muzzle (and a hose made from rolled and cured greenstuff). All of these items were leftover bits from my kettenkrad kit.

Now I can go off and begin the first fights of the Pompay Portico....

By the way, just to show a bit of the versatility of the Bronze Age generic figures, here are the four figures I created using the same pose. On the last figure (my apocalator), I reposed the arm a bit (simply bent it a little):


2 comments:

  1. Nicely done, really like the green skin idea, something I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, really like the green skin idea, something I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley for sure!

    ReplyDelete