You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

River Steamer: Crew quarters

Here's a couple pics of the finished crew quarters on my river steamer. I had some leftover posters, so I put up the "Spicy" one on the side of the lockers. I also printed out a couple scale copies of Time and Collier's magazines (on the table), as well as a random pulp (on the top bunk) for the crew to read.

 I've also settled on a smaller project to do: I've ordered some civilians from Copplestone's gangster range to fill the time, but I also ordered yet another set of the street toughs and Copplestone's Russian Sailor command from the Back of Beyond range. My intent is to convert as many of the figures from those last two packs as I can into some unarmed tramp steamer sailors. My ship is nearing completion, and she's gonna need a crew!



2 comments:

  1. That wood effect especially is very credible. It makes the whole thing seem physically larger than it is, more life-sized. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete