You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, January 9, 2010

Old game stores

Ugh, when I don't have any new minis on the table to paint (oh, I DO have plenty of minis to paint- just nothing new), I dream at night about old game shops I haven't been to in a while. There's the store in Sterling, VA., (I can't remember the name); The Game Parlor in Chantilly, Va., and the most recent dream was about Table Top Games in Kansas City.
They're boring dreams; it's just me in those stores shopping for minis and supplies my own store doesn't carry. And, of course, in my dreams I always have plenty of money and fill up my basket full of minis and paints. Then I wake up with that feeling of, "Ahh, good, I have some new minis." Three seconds later I realize I don't have new minis. Then I go to the internet and buy some new minis.

3 comments:

  1. I sometimes miss the FLGS,not so much for the shopping but for having a hub where gamers could gather and chat and swap stories and exchange hobby ideas/news.

    Sure you can do that on the internet, but most the time, no matter how cool people are, there is that bittersweet realization that you will never have a chance to actually game with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're ever in Louisville Kentucky check out Petshop Comics... I just bought a bunch of new mini's to add to my to-paint pile. Great selection of mini's and comics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TTG in Kansas City is great. I was up there Thanksgiving in 2008 and visited. I love all the really wonderfully painted display miniatures!

    ReplyDelete