You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, December 13, 2009

The slow ox: 42mm samurai update

Still waiting for some 40mm bases to arrive from the Warstore; the blizzard, I'm sure, has delayed them. In the meantime, I've based and primed what I could. I can't wait to start paining these. I've chosen an ashigaru (charging with yari, wearing straw rain cape) and a peasant to paint first. I want to start easy before going on to the more complex samurai armor.

I'm also going to have a terrible busy next two weeks at work (newspaper never sleeps!), so I may not be as prodigious with these figures as I have been in the past. They WILL get painted; it'll just take some time. And maybe what I need right now is to take my time painting.

The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment