You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, September 20, 2009

Painting desk: Day 4

Construction is done! Needs paint for the top unit and stain/polyurethane for the base. I've found some old (but sturdy) marker holders that fit my tools beautifully and can be dropped into the supply bin.




5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful desk. Looks heavy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is beautiful, and, oh yes, it IS heavy. The top is four layers of 1/2-inch MDF. Charlie based the construction off the same plans as his own workbench. But I wanted heavy so that the desk wouldn't move around while I painted. (I prop my hands and arms against my desk when I paint.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you tend to paint standing up, or do you have a stool that you'll be using?

    Looks great by the way! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I paint both standing and sitting. And I do have a stool and an old wobbly chair that each fit the new table.
    I had the table made high as a compromise, so that I can either sit or stand while I paint.

    ReplyDelete