You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, July 19, 2009

In-progress updates: Giant snake and Conan conversion


It's been a while since I slung some Sculpey. I've been on a Conan (the Cimmerian) kick, and I've been toying with throwing together a small collection of Conan-related minis -- Conan, women, sorcerers and a giant snake. The snake came first because I wanted a reason to sculpt again. It actually wasn't too difficult to make; what you see is about an hour's work, including 20 minutes of baking time. I'm pretty sure I could do a better job at the detail, but I don't have the patience, especially for all those scales which I think makes the best snake sculpts. Nope, this project was just for fun, and will make a nice little addition to my Conan collection.



I also decided to convert yet another figure into a Conan-ish copy. This time, the conversion started with Heresy's Berserk Boris figure. My only addition (other than some gap-filling) was hair on top of Boris's bald head. I was a little daunted; I had never sculpted long hair yet. Ok, I've done a few beards, but getting hair to look like it fit the head had always been a problem with my skills. This time, it turned out just fine! This figure is still a bit thick on muscles to be a great Conan (Conan is described as tall and muscular though somewhat compact.) Still, this will be a fun figure for the collection, and will make a nice human barbarian for D&D if I should play such a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment