You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Proton packs in pieces


Greenstuff is proving to be a useful ally in this miniature endeavor. I rolled a small rod of greenstuff up with the intention of cutting disks from it to form the particle accelerators. I also figured out I can roll it to about 1/32 of an inch, and at that size, it is flexible and sturdy enough to model as cable/wire. I'll try to roll some and flatten it a bit to represent the belt of wires going from the accelerator to the generator (or was that the gun? I have to go look again.)
After I cut the disks from the rod of greenstuff, I had plenty left over. With an exacto knife, I cut small blocks and cylinders (from smaller rods) of greenstuff to represent the other features of the proton packs.
The packs, at least at the accelerator, may be a bit thick, but I think the minor bug in proportion will be ok at this scale; these packs are SMALL!
So most of the parts are gathered. I think I'll start putting it all together Friday evening. Now to find some micro-tweezers :)

1 comment:

  1. This is just awesome, I cannot wait to see the final product. These would be perfect for the Ghostbusters RPG.

    Timbo

    ReplyDelete